The City of Painesville employs over 300 individuals in full and part-time positions over 14 different city departments. The employee Human Resources Department is responsible for managing and developing employees:
- Recruitment, hiring, on boarding, promotion and termination processes
- Classification, performance appraisal and compensation plans
- Bi-weekly payroll process
- Employee benefit and safety plans
- Bargaining unit agreements
- Grievance investigations and disciplinary actions
- All public record requests
- Assisting supervisors and employees with the interpretation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Supporting employee health and wellness initiatives
- Primary contact for work-site injuries or accidents
- Offering continual education and training opportunities
- Employee engagement and creating a positive work environment
Check out our job opportunities page for the latest full-time and part-time job postings. The City of Painesville is a drug and alcohol free employer. Resumes and applications are only accepted for current openings. For any questions or concerns regarding employment opportunities, please call us at 440-392-5798. The HR office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Civil Service Exams
The Civil Service Commission supervises exams for hiring and promoting personnel in the Painesville City Fire Department (PCFD) and Painesville Police Department (PPD). The Commission also serves as the Board of Review for all civil service classified personnel. For more information on the next Civil Service Exam or job opportunities, please reach out to the Civil Service Commission Secretary, Connie Morrison, at 440-392-5798 or [email protected].
Public Record Requests
The City of Painesville, as a political subdivision of the State of Ohio, is subject to the Ohio Public Records Act as found in Section 149.43 of the Ohio Revised Code. All requests made under the Act will be reviewed and responded to in a timely basis. To request copies of public records, please review our Public Record Requests page and contact us at 440-392-5798 or [email protected].