Welcome to the Painesville Police Department's online reporting form. If this is an emergency, please call 911. Using this online form allows you to submit a report for specific types of incidents. Please confirm the following to find out if the online report form is right for you:
Is the incident not an emergency?
Did the incident occur within Painesville City limits?
Are there no known suspects or leads?
Is this a minor criminal offense?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then you are ready to file your online report form. If you answered no to any of these questions, call 911 for an emergency or 440-354-3434 for a non-emergency incident. Remember, filing a false police report is a crime under Ohio Revised Code 2921.13. Users must be 18 or older to use online reporting.
Types of Incidents
This form is for the following type of incidents:
- Crash on private property, criminal damaging, criminal mischief, identity theft, lost property, menacing, telecommunications harassment, theft or vehicle break-ins
This form should not be used for:
- Crimes in progress, offenses of violence or any incidents where there is possible physical evidence available (i.e. fingerprints, DNA evidence, tool mark or shoe impressions)
- Provide as much information as possible should the officer be required to contact you to verify information.
- Take photographs in both a macro and micro fashion. A macro picture would be an overview of the location/item. A micro picture would be a close-up with more detail.
- Give a detailed description explaining the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of the incident. The narrative section will allow for a listing of vehicle identifiers (i.e. year, make, model, and license plate); stolen and/or damaged property, which includes quantity, replacement and/or replacement costs; and any other information relevant to the investigation. Please be concise and descriptive.
Upon completion, email the form and all photos to [email protected]. Once received, an officer will be in contact with you to verify and ask any questions pertinent to the investigation and filing of the report. Thank you.