Working for the City of Painesville is so much more than a job, it's a chance to make a difference in a unique and vibrant community. As one of the first communities settled in the Western Reserve, Painesville has a long and storied history that can be seen in the unique architecture around beautiful Painesville Square and charming style of the hundreds of historic homes. We are located along the Grand River, roughly 30 miles northeast of Cleveland and 2.5 miles from the shores of Lake Erie. We are home to Lake Erie College, Morley Library and a dynamic historic downtown district. We are a diverse and culturally rich community with a big city, small town feel.
Over 300 talented people are employed at the City in a variety of departments including: Administration, Community Development (City Planning, Zoning and Code Enforcement), Economic Development, Engineering, Electric, Finance, Fire (PCFD), Human Resources, Police (PPD), Public Works, Public Lands and Recreation, Utility Billing, Water and Waste Water.
The City of Painesville falls under a City Manager-City Council form of government. This means leadership includes 7 elected City Council members who work with an appointed City Manager. The City Manager acts as the CEO and oversees a group of experienced department heads of the divisions listed above.
To ensure and improve the quality of life and growth of our community.
- Respect - Because we value respect we aim to provide courteous and welcoming customer service, listen and respond promptly to those we serve and treat everyone with dignity and importance
- Resourcefulness - Because we value resourcefulness we explore all options to solve problems or address issues, maximize resources for the most efficient use of public funds and increase capacity through training and collaboration
- Integrity - Because we value integrity we are always honest and transparent in everything we do and take ownership for our actions
- Commitment - Because we value commitment we always work to the best of our abilities, take pride in our work and proudly serve our community
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance (full-time employees only)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Direct Deposit Program
- Employee Assistance Program (full-time employees only)
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- $25,000 Term Life Insurance (full-time employees only)
- Family Medical Leave, Bereavement/Funeral Leave, Jury Duty Compensation, Military Leave
- Holidays, Sick Time, Vacation Time
- Section 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plans
- Pension Plans