What is Safe Routes to School
The Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program provides resources and project funding to help encourage and enable students in grades k-8 to walk or ride their bicycle to school. This ODOT led program is funded at $4 million annually and projects can be either engineering (improved crossings, sidewalks, right-of-ways, etc.) or non-engineering (education and encouragement programs).
- Infrastructure projects within two miles of schools serving K-8 students. ODOT will reimburse up to 100% of eligible costs for all phases, including preliminary engineering, detailed design, right-of-way, construction, and construction engineering. Project limit: $400,000.
- Non-infrastructure activities such as education, encouragement, enforcement or evaluation. Non-infrastructure funding may be requested for assistance with the development of plans. ODOT will reimburse up to 100% of eligible costs for items such as training and materials, program supplies, small safety and education incentives, and public awareness campaigns. Project limit: $60,000.
The City of Painesville and Painesville City Local Schools want to learn your thoughts about children walking and biking to school. These public meetings will share information about the Safe Routes to School program and asking participants to identify areas in the city that may need to be improved to provide better access for students and families.
- Monday, December 20, 2021 Meeting: 5:30-7:00 p.m. at Painesville Municipal Courtroom #1
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022 Virtual Meeting: 5:30-7:00 p.m. on Zoom: https://painesville.zoom.us/j/85080994913?pwd=enllaGxmQ2ZvWTlTbGJoVTI1N00rQT09
- Meeting ID: 850 8099 4913
- Passcode: 481515
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022 Meeting: 7:30 p.m. at Painesville Municipal Courtroom #1, presentation during the Painesville City Council meeting to present initial findings
Parent / Caregiver Survey
This survey will take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete. We ask that each family complete only one survey per school your children attend. If more than one child attends the same school, please fill out the survey for the child with the next birthday from today’s date. Your responses will be kept confidential and neither your name nor your child’s name will be associated with any results.
Note on COVID-19: For students attending school virtually, please answer travel questions on how you would expect them to travel to and from school, if they were attending school in-person. Thank you for participating in this survey!
Surveys End December 5!
- Online Survey (English) https://odot.formstack.com/forms/srts_caregiver_survey
- Online Survey (Spanish) https://odot.formstack.com/forms/srts_caregiver_survey_espanol
*For Painesville City Local School families only! Prefer a paper survey? Fill out the below PDF and mail into the Assistant City Manager: